Monday, September 13, 2010

He's The One You Call: Dr. Feelgood by Mötley Crüe

I write this because I'm not sure it's ever been "brought up" in any dystonia forum I've been on. If it has, people always reply with the stock answer "consult your doctor". Well. when it comes to my most recent med change, my Doctor said, "it's probably going to make you groggy and sleepy for a while". My reply: "It's not like I have anything to do!"


While I'm at it, let me get to another point about forums: I LOVE the 3 forums that I am on. They are friendly and the people are very compassionate. However, when questions get deep, people often offer the "I would call your doctor, because I'm not a doctor." YES!!! I know, I just want YOUR HONEST OPINION on what you'd do. YOU share this disease with me, YOU have the same situations in your life, a doctor does not.

The support I've received this weekend from ladies just being annoyed with me, commiserating,  meant WAY MORE than "let me find you another doctor, and here's why your doctor sucks, fire your doctor, etc. etc."

Yes, there's a time for all of that, but it's not during the breakdown.

0 comments:

Post a Comment